Monday, October 20, 2008

Somestic Perfection and a Shout Out to My MIL

The stars were aligned just right today or something. As I type, dinner is cooking, the family home lesson is prepared and blonde brownies are cooling on the counter.
Can you believe it?????

At my house, if I haven't figured out what we are having for dinner by noon, it ain't happenin!

We're having Chicken Malove, Rice, Green Salad and Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower. And of course.........the blondies.
So the shout out to my mother-in-law is for the recipe that is a family favorite. When Brian and I married, she presented me with a small notebook with 20 or so "family recipes." This notebook has grown to three volumes!
But here is the really easy recipe for
Chicken Malove -

Breasts of Chicken
Flour/Seasonings
2-3 T Oil
1 Chopped Onion
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 C Milk

Coat the chicken breasts with flour and seasoning and brown both sides in oil. Put browned chicken in a 9X13 pan or the crockpot. Saute the onions. Pour those over the chicken. Mix the cream of chicken soup and milk and pour over the chicken and onions. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or cook on low for several hours.
For the seasonings, I uses, Lawrey's Season Salt, garlic salt and pepper. I like to saute cut up celery and sliced mushrooms and add these with the onion as well. I also thin the soup out with more milk - almost a whole cup more.

We like to serve this over rice. Yum!!!!!

This is a great dinner to put in the crockpot before church or on a busy day. It's a great meal to serve the missionaries or guests. You can actually use chicken tenders or thighs too. Whatever makes you happy!

No comments: