Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I aM GoiNG To Die!

I had forgotten. I have spent 90 days getting up at the ridiculously late hour of 6:30 and even 7 am. Now all of sudden, I'm back to getting up at 4:15 am for seminary. Seriously, death is nigh! So am I stupid? Having taught for 4 years, you would think I would remember. Each and every day when I wake up, I think to myself, "I'm going to die." It never changes. You don't get used to it.

Two things you didn't know about me:

1. I am NOT a morning person. Just because I get up at 4:15 doesn't mean I like it. I get up that early so that by the time I do see kids, I can be somewhat pleasant.

2. I am NOT a scriptorian. Yeah, I've read the standard works several times. I've read the seminary curriculum for all of the scriptures. I've read a thousand commentaries. I still cannot quote memorized scriptures and I barely know where Joshua is. I JUST finished teaching the Old Testament and couldn't remember where the story of David and Goliath is. (It's in 1 Samuel 17 by the way. I NEVER would have guessed that.)

I am NOT complaining. I'm just saying.........

So, WHY do I do it then?

1. Tied for number 1 - I love the Lord and I LOVE teenagers.

2. I love the scriptures and I loved the "forced" scripture study. I'll admit it. Left to my own devices, I wouldn't teach the scriptures to kids for 45 minutes every day and then come home and study for a minimum of two hours every day. I'm not that strong!

3. There is nothing I would rather do. I've looked at the other callings and I know what's out there. I like this one. Yeah it's hard, but the rewards are great. Well, I would like to be the flyer passer outer at sacrament meeting. I don't want to make the flyers and I don't want to greet people. I just want to stand by the door and hand them out. But that's not an option. So I'll stick with what I got.

No comments: