Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Fragments

Happy Friday!
Happy Fragmenting!
Get on over to Half Past Kissin' Time and thank Mrs. 4444 for hosting the weekly festivities!

*If your name is Earlene, and you send me an email message entitled "Hey Handsome......, and it goes to my Spam, I most likely won't opening it.  Sorry Earlene!


*Airport Security - Thank you SO much for letting this slip by in Parker's carryon.


I don't know what I would have done if it had been confiscated. 


*My 2 1/2 year old nephew called today.
I thought MY end of the conversation was clear.  But somehow things went sideways.
"Hi Nana!"
"Oh hi baby!  Guess what?  Cars 2 is coming out on video in a few days.  Not today.  Not today.  But pretty soon you will be able to watch Cars 2 at your house!"

He immediately dropped the phone and went in search of his mother, yelling:
"Nana said that I can have a Cars 2 party with a cake!"

* I've been wanting to make my friend Laura's Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting since I read about them.  If I don't get to make them this weekend, I might throw a tantrum!!! Warning: It won't be pretty!
* Don't be jealous of my weekend plans.
I am going to the grocery store to replace all the expired dairy products and pick up some other necessary supplies including Halloween candy.
I think I'm the only person in America who hasn't bought a single bag of Halloween candy.

* I just spaced out and caught myself staring out the window at the fluttering fall leaves for 2 full minutes.
It's time to move on!  Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I finally went to Costco today and bought 3 bags of candy for Trunk or Treat tomorrow night. I can't have that much chocolate in my house without me or my family getting into it!

Sally said...

I haven't bought any candy yet either. Since I teach at the school down the street, I have always felt compelled to buy the BIG candy bars. . . as if my reputation relied on the size of the Milky Way! No more! With Don retired, they will be lucky to get ANYTHING from me this year! Besides, sinceI can no longer find the small boxes of Good 'n Plenty or Junior Mints (without them being in a mix of other junk), I haven't been motivated to buy!!!

Juli said...

I never stop on the mail route. Okay, hardly ever. But the other day I was running part of my favorite route, the one that runs through the oldest part of town with the horse farms and 200 year old homes....

...got caught up in the beauty of it.

Fall is my favorite.


Can I have a party too?

Andrea said...

I told my kids I was sending them trick-or-treating early so that I could give out whatever candy they collected...hmmm, was that wrong?

Sounds like you have a cake to bake, and some party supplies to buy!

For the sake of your family, I hope they give you ample time this weekend to make your cookies!

valerie said...

Add me to the haven't bought any candy yet list. :) Your pumpkin cookies sound yummy!

Shirley said...

I'll buy candy on Monday afternoon.