Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wordy Wednesday - Longboard Extravaganza

Some people participate in Wordless Wednesday.
Like 362 people.
*I* am never without words.


So I present Wordy Wednesday -


This weekend, Parker wanted to kill himself go to a longboard race.
Because we are crazy, good parents, we let him.
But we accompanied him so we could scrape him off the ground and sign the hospital intake forms.

Good news - He did not die!
 Parker is the one in the back........coming around the "deadly" corner.
 This is the corner where one kid may have broken his hip, and three others sustained major road rash.....not including the riders (with good aim) who just plain old flew off their boards and onto the grass.  Obviously, it was the prime location from which to watch the race.

Ahhhh........one more turn and then the finish line.  forget the race!  Look at that view in the background!

There were multiple heats.  I was hoping Parker would lose in the first one and not continue to advance.  Unfortunately, my wishes did not come true. Fortunately, Parker did not kill himself.  He didn't even crash.  And he won new wheels!  It was a successful Saturday!

My niece Xan is also stupid a longboarder.  She is attending college in Idaho where they evidently don't have enough death defying activities.  So, she organized her very own longboard race.
Look how many fools longboarders showed up!  She had 40 participants and 50 spectators and she solicited $4,000 in prizes to give away.


She even set up barriers so that people wouldn't fly off the course and roll down a cliff.
Go Xan!
So all in all, the longboard festivities were very successful.
See why I needed to use my words?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Longboarding and foursquare...trendsetter!

Juli said...

HA!

I have only been able to participate twice in "Wordless" Wednesday. Course, I always find the pic needs a caption. No?

Very good use of your big girl words, Gina. I am so proud. :)

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

You are a nice mom. I'm not sure if I could watch my kid take those death defying turns and not freak out. That background scenery was beautiful!

Donna said...

Longboarding looks terrifying but also really fun if you know how to do it. I'm glad he did well and had no crashes!
I like your Wordy Wednesdays!

Rachael said...

WOW! I am very impressed at Xan organizing that up at college and having such a great turnout!
I don't think I could watch my kid do that! Good for you!!!

Unknown said...

So, by the time my youngest is 17, I will have relaxed a bit....is that the moral of your story? Because I probably need to. And I'm sure Idaho is never going to be the same again!

Not So Simply Single said...

Wow, I sure missed out when I didn't have kids...

Lucky you!

Lisa