I LOVE Thanksgiving! It might be my favorite holiday.
What's not to love about consuming 4,000 calories and then sitting around watching movies?
And I LOVE RTT!
Combine Thanksgiving with RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaYand what do you get?
It' pretty random!
Check out my Thanksgiving Random and then go see Keely at The Unmom to check her's out and then write you own and link up.
* Yesterday, I went to the grocery store. I was circling the parking lot for the second time when it occurred to me -"Wait! I'm here for Vicodin!" I hadn't brought the prescription, so I circled right on back home.
* I wonder how many other people wish they were on Vicodin for the holiday weekend?
* Garrett came in last night and announced:
"Tomorrow, I lose my wisdom.
I'll be four times stupider."
Wow - I can't wait!
* Yeah - he CHOSE to get his wisdom teeth taken out today. He hates Thanksgiving food. The only thing he upset about is that he doesn't get the teeth pulled until AFTER school. Yep - he still has to go to Calculus. That hurts!
* He thinks he will be recovered enough to play in the annual Turkey Bowl on Thursday morning. Well, if he gets injured, at least we already have the drugs!
* So when I went back to the grocery store, I STILL had to circle the lot looking for a spot. You'd think it was a holiday! Then, all the carts were gone. Everyone was multigenerational shopping. I was the only "single" in the store. Everyone was shopping with Grandma or Uncle Phil or the college kids who came back. I admit - I was a little jealous that I didn't have anyone coming home from college to eat some cheese ball. Not going to lie! Next year though. Next year!
* So everyone else was buying up all the turkeys and whipping cream. Their carts were heavily laden. I bought 6 kinds of soup, applesauce, pudding, 3 kinds of ice cream, 3 kinds of juice, yogurt, fruit for smoothies, and 2 bags of frozen peas for ice packs..........oh, and the Vicodin. I am the BEST mom in the whole world!
* You know when you clean out the turkey and you have that lovely packet of important turkey parts and that cute neck? Does anyone really eat those? I have the BEST stuffing recipe that calls for chopping those up, sauteing them in butter and adding them to the stuffing. I add them right to the trash can. Turkey gizzard and heart=DISGUSTING!
* When we aren't at the beck and call of The Patient, Parker and I are making pecan pies (among other things). Mmmmm......that's just the kind of thing I eat for breakfast.
* Yesterday, I had triple berry pie with vanilla ice cream for breakfast. YUM!
* Enough already! I hope everyone has a great Random Tuesday and a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends!
* Oh and don't forget - The BIG, BIG, REALLY BIG (faux) GIVEAWAY of the century looks like it's landing on Monday. You seriously are NOT going to want to miss out!