* THANK YOU!
A huge thank you to all of you blog friends who have been such a huge support with all of your kind, kind comments. I appreciate every word!
And let's thank Keely over at The Un Mom for letting it be Tuesday - the day of all RaNDoMNeSS
* I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing my entire extended family this weekend.
No, the circumstances are not the best, but there is nothing quite like being with family. It will be awesome!
We just need to be together to laugh and to cry and to be with each other!
* I have seen the hand of God lift and support all of us this last week (Oooh.......it hasn't been a week? Well, it feels like century to me.) I don't think I can list all of the tender mercies and miracles. My heart has been made lighter!
* If you are visiting and wondering what the heck I am babbling about, you can read about it and catch up!
* I'm pretty sure I am losing my mind.
I am calling everyone the wrong name.
After spending 4 hours online on Saturday getting flights for the five of us,
I told Brian that I had found a flight for Justin.
He looked at me like I was crazy.
"Ummm.........Justin doesn't need a flight."
"Oh right. I meant Garrett."
I have called all my brothers and children by the wrong name every time I address them and it's usually "Justin" and it takes me three tries to get the right name or I just give up and say, "You who I mean!"
* It may have been Brian and it may have been me, but someone said:
"Yeah, we'll figure that out as soon as they do the biopsy on Justin and the autopsy on Mom."
First we looked at each other in shock and then we laughed our heads off at THAT mix up.
Sorry, Mom! Please don't take it personally!
Like I said, our minds aren't really clear.
* Bluebell ice cream, cake, cookies and cupcakes have been my constant companions.
* I am usually down on the field with the team during the lacrosse games.
Thursday I was in the stands with the crowd.
THAT will probably not happen again.
I'm quiet on the field.
I am not on the stands.
Parker drew (meaning some big brute laid my tiny innocent baby out illegally) 5 minutes worth of penalties.
While the other team was "Man down" with a player in the penalty box, our team was able to score 5 goals.
One time, a long pole defense man had his stick across Parker's neck and up in his helmet. <- Illegal in case you aren't familiar with lacrosse. 2 minutes worth of illegal.
The ref was slow to pull out his yellow flag and somewhere in the stands this tiny person with a super loud voice stood up and yelled: "REALLY? REALLY? You better call that!!!!"
And then the announcer in the press box came over the loud speaker and said, "We want to remind all fans to show good sportsmanship....blah, blah, blah."
I don't know who he was talking to! ;)
Probably the parent on the other side who yelled, "Break his ankle."
* Parker scored 2 goals and had 2 assists at yesterday's game. So there!