Friday, November 4, 2011

Snow, Texting & a Male Beauty Pageant

Ahh Mrs. 4444, how we love you!
By Monday afternoon, Wednesday, Friday, my head is just spinning with Fragments.
Thank you for letting us get them all out!
Go on over to Half Past Kissin' Time and pay her a visit.  You can DeFrag too!

* We had a snow day on Wednesday.

Well, at least SOME of us had a snow day.
Parker slept until noon and then got up and shoveled just enough snow off the driveway to be able to longboard. He has his priorities.

Some of us slept in until 7:30 am <- I know! Totally decadent and then went to work.


* I was so excited that Cars2 was coming out on Tuesday.
Not that I was buying a copy. The only one who would care in my life is Gabriel – my 2 ½ year old nephew. Because we had already discussed the impending release, I called him first thing Tuesday morning.


Gabriel’s mom – “Oh hey…….what’s going on with you?”
Me: “Well I was actually calling to talk to the baby. I wanted to see if he was watching Cars2.”
Gabriel’s MEAN mom – “Well….I would let you talk to him, but he’s in time out. I’ll have to have him call you back.”


What?
They ‘ll have to move back ASAP. Things have obviously spiraled out of control. Who is in charge there?


* Text conversations with a certain 17 year old


“On a scale of 1 to 8 how much do you want to excuse me from 4th (period)?”


"None. None at all."


“Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you that 1 meant a lot. So does 0 mean you already excused me?”
I did not even respond.

* Is the whole world crazy?
Don't answer that.
I DO NOT care about Kim Kardashian.
I don't know WHO the Kardashians are or how they got famous enough for their own show.
I don't know their names - except for Kim.
I have never watched their show.
I did not know about her wedding nor who she married.
And so, SURPRISE!  I do not care about her divorce.
I'll go crawl back under my rock now.

* You will be jealous of my weekend.
Brian and I are going to judge a MALE beauty pageant tonight.
Yes, there are several categories.
Yes, there is a talent competition.......and evening wear.
Yes, there will be stories!

Have a great weekend!
Gina

7 comments:

H.K. said...

Hi Gina! It's been too long. As always reading your posts always makes me laugh and I can't wait to hear about the male pageant competition!

Juli said...

Those crazy kids out in Hollywood, they really, really, tried to make it work... for a whole ten weeks.

That's like an eternity in LA time.

Yeah. I don't care either. I also think it's ridiculous that she'll likely make money off the divorce.

AND>>> My brother entered a pagent once, he won 2nd place. :)

Unknown said...

I'm so mad we didn't get a snow day, but at least we got the day off seminary, so I got to sleep in a tiny bit. And I can't wait to hear about the beauty pageant!

Rachael said...

I can't believe that places are getting so much snow already!

I love that text your son sent you, that is hilarious. It's only a matter of time before I'm getting texts like that.

I also don't GET the Kardashian thing AT ALL. I don't understand why they are famous??

Ashli Dardenne said...

Oh! I miss the snow!!!!

Cyndy Bush said...

Yes, the whole world is undoubtedly crazy. I totally don't get the Kardashian fascination. Bizarre-o.
I love your family's sense of humor, I'm sitting here giggling over your text convo. Awesome.

Donna said...

Do you have any pictures of the male beauty pageant?? If so you have to share them!