Click on the lovely picture and go say "hi!"
It's RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaY AND it's Bri Bri's Birthday!
Let's celebrate both with some awesome RaNDoM about my best friend and love of my life!
* First, it's his 29th birthday AGAIN and he shares it with my way cool, beautiful sister-in-law who also turning 29 but is like 12 years younger.
(She's the one in the back)
* Brian is celebrating his birthday by.........going to work! He has always been a hard worker! At a young age (like 8 or something ridiculous), he and his brother would fill their wagon with "fire starters" and go up and down the street selling them. He also sold greeting cards door-to-door. He got his first "real" job when he was 12. He would mow and trim and sweep the grass at a shopping center. it would take all week to work his way around the center and then......it was time to start again. When he was 14, he hung up ladies dresses at Loehmans. He's worked since birth!
* Brian likes to hunt, fish, ski, hike and golf. At least he used to.....until he got really busy with work, family and church service. But he was really good at all of them. He can still out-ski most people.
* Brian is a casual collector - meaning he doesn't catalog or go to shows or spend time hunting down items, but he likes to collect nice pens, tools, guns, knives, and watches.
* He is generous! Really generous. He is happy to let people borrow whatever he has. So his collection of tools has diminished over the years. If you need a screwdriver or hammer or extension cord, come on over. If you need a cordless drill, his collection of 7 or 8 is down to 3 or 4, but you can still borrow one!
* He is accomplished! He has achieved much! He is an Eagle Scout and earned the Boy Scout Medal of Heroism (for saving a family from a fire on his way home from a date with me!) He was Student Body President of the Universe (okay not quite, but he did organize a national student council conference). He graduated from BYU. He has won several professional awards. But most importantly, he has won the hearts of his family and friends and is widely admired!
* He loves God! He always tries to do the right thing. He always serves! He went on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Milan, Italy. He has served in a variety of church callings and boy scout positions, professional boards and community organizations. Almost every Saturday morning, he is can be found helping someone move in or out of their house or apartment.
* Brian is compassionate. He had a brain tumor when he was 14 and after brain surgery, had to go to school completely bald. It was back in the day when your value as a high schooler was determined by the length of your hair. He has a wonderful ability to seek out those in need either physically, emotionally or spiritually and lift them up. He always tries to do what Jesus would do.
* He is a great husband, father, son, brother, uncle and friend. Everyone loves him!
(Brian and our sister-in-law Stephanie)
Happy, Happy Birthday to the best husband ever!