How come short weeks always seem like LONG weeks?
On Tuesday, I thought it was Monday. By Wednesday, I was convinced the next day was going to be Friday.
Imagine my disappointment when I woke up yesterday and it was Thursday?
But NOW, it IS Friday!!!!
Celebrate with me!
Go see Mrs. 4444 and defrag!
* It's only the 9th and I'm getting sick of Skirtember.
Or maybe I was just sick of it yesterday because I was crabby that it was Thursday instead of Friday.
* Tonight is our FIRST high school football game of the season!
It's always so exciting!
No, none of my kids PLAY.
Who wants to go out on the field and get killed when you can hang out on the track with all the cheerleaders.
Trammell - circa 2007
Garrett - circa 2009
Parker - last year.Yep! It's another year with a Cox as a Flagboy!
* What is this in my garage?
Parker drove from here to kingdom come yesterday to pick up this barrel for $6.50. Why?
It was plain brown cardboard but after THREE cans of spray paint, it is this nice blue. Why?
He decided they needed to revive the Barrel Boy tradition
and recruited someone to be the Barrel
Man Boy at all the games. But strangely enough, he didn't already have a barrel. So of course, Parker decided to MAKE one. The game is TODAY people!!!!!
* Isn't this a cute flower arrangement?
Someone sent this to Brian last week and it still looks this fresh!!!!
* I've been cleaning out some junk drawerS. Yeah - we have more than one! And I came across these -
Campaign buttons from Trammell and Garrett's student body campaigns............in middle school.
The homework one wasn't a campaign button..........unless Garrett was campaigning against homework.
* Speaking of campaigns. I don't get too caught up in politics here but what did you think of Obama's "Job's Speech?" It sounded like the student body campaigns back in my childhood when the candidate would promise pop in all the soda fountains and I wondered how that was going to actually happen. Nice ideas...........but how are we going to make them happen and with what money?
We actually DID have a female candidate for student council promise to get Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker dispensers in the girls' bathrooms. I think I voted for her. It never happened though.
Have a great weekend!
Have a great weekend!