Monday, January 26, 2009

Here in Body but Not in Spirit

Yeah - so I'm back. But not really.

I'm overwhelmed with STUFF to do AND there is so much to blog about.
So where should I focus my energies?

1. Unpacking the suitcase
2. Blogging about the PEOPLE I saw in the airport. Oh that could fill a book. Seriously, I even took notes!
3. Laundry
4. Writing in my Book Journal about the FOUR books I read in four days. That was luxurious! Just sitting there reading and reading and eating and reading and falling asleep. But I don't have time for that right now. Back to the options.
5. Grocery Shopping
6. Going through the mail
7. Maybe putting away decorations and platters and the punch bowl from the baby shower. Well, I could blog about the baby shower too. It was soooo much fun and there were tons of people and really good food and.........focus!
8. Preparing seminary lessons
9. Blogging about the resort.....nice, I took some pics. It's not the JW Marriott but it's not $400 a night either. There is NO way I would spend that to stay there right now.......but hey, more power to them if they can get it. It is my favorite Cancun hotel.........anyway
10. Blogging about the fact that we FINALLY have winter weather. I'm not complaining. REALLY! After whining for months about the 70 degree weather and wishing for snow. You will not catch me complaining. Seriously, the day we left for Cancun, it was 72 degrees in Denver. Guess what the temperature in Cancun was that day? 74. But they have a beach too! Wait. I don't have time to talk about all of that.
11. Catching up on facebook...........WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! Cross that one off the list.
12. Blogging about the fabulous food. The restaurants were awesome. We went to some of our old favorites and we tried some new places that we have been unable to try in the past because we've been accompanied by.....CHILDREN. Steak, lobster, shrimp, this huge, incredible salad bar.......WAIT! This will all have to wait.
13. Looking for the debit card that I didn't know I was missing but discovered missing earlier today.
14. Watering the plants that are drooping from lack of attention.
15. Taking Parker to the doctor because this is the 5th day he has had chest pain. Do you think I should wait one more day?

So many options. So little time. We all have our priorities!

3 comments:

StephieMae said...

oohh you're back I can't wait to see what you choose to blog about first.

Missty said...

Well well well, look who's back! I hope you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to more about it!

Unknown said...

You stink for taking such an awesome vacation and not inviting me.

Just kidding.

But I'm still jealous.

I want sand between my toes.

And a tan line or two.

And a book a day.

If I go on vacation do I have to bring my kids??