Friday, August 7, 2009

EXHAUSTION RECOVERY

I just don’t understand why I am tired!

We’ve had Simon with us for 10ish days. I’m too tired to do the math.

Here is what we have done (or they have done and I have just been a driver)
- 3 Trips to the Driving Range
- ½ day bowling
- 2 game nights
- 1 18 hole Round of Golf
- 3 days at a cabin in the mountains (remember the panning for gold, hiking, etc)
- 1 day at the water park

- 1 party at someone else’s house
- 1 party here with firepit, s’mores, and nightgames
- 2 boxing matches (I’m just a spectator here)
- 1 day at the Museum of Science and Nature
- 1 pizza/pool party
- 1 BBQ/pool party
- 1 lacrosse game
- 20 movies in French with English subtitle or vice-versa
(Simon is fascinated by the popcorn maker!)
- Too many hours to count down in Garrett’s “lair,” also known as the basement playing pool and video games.
- Countless late night runs for slurpees: “Mom! We HAVE to show Simon 7/11,” Taco Bell and pizza.

And now, the little angels are leaving for a 3 day leadership retreat with the high school. Simon gets to go along.
I get to check myself in to a mountain top hotel and lay by the pool.
You all have a great weekend!

5 comments:

valerie said...

Phew! I'm tired just reading all the fun you've had. Enjoy your little mini vacation!

debilyn said...

oh my! you seriously deserve some kind of supermom award!

enjoy your rest :)

Missty said...

LOL. Enjoy your retreat!! You need it!

Summer said...

Huh, weird that you're so tired and this seems like just normal every day life.

;-)

Don and Kelley said...

I love the boxing pictures! It makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one with stuff like that going on! (you've see the blog) You do need a rest!