Friday, August 28, 2009

STOP THE WORLD! WE WANT OFF!


We need help - serious help!

Back to school is ALWAYS a busy time.
We know that.


Here is what we are up against -
and something has to go.


Garrett's Life:
6 am - Seminary - Church scripture study before school
7:20-2:50 - School (This might be the thing to go! ;) )

Every other day, he gets out of school earlier - 1 pm.


So take a look at his after school options -
Every other day, he still lifeguards from 3-8pm.
Luckily this will end on Labor Day.

On the days he is not lifeguarding and/or the days he gets out early
he goes to his other job.

He manages 110 storage units.
He is responsible for signing leases with tenants,
collecting rent, paying bills, making bank deposits,
general upkeep, locking non payers out and then letting them back in when they pay.

Yes, he takes and makes business calls during passing periods and off hours.


Fall lacrosse starts after labor day.
Thank heavens the lifeguard job will be over!

I would tell him to skip the fall season
except he is the captain.

Oh and in his free time,
he needs to put in at least 40 hours (by Oct)
into the Senior class float for Homecoming.
Yes, it's for a grade in his Leadership class.


I've left out youth group once a week and violin lessons...
oh....and homework.


I think we should cut out all non-essential activities like
breathing, eating and bathing.......as well as lawn mowing and room cleaning.


But really.......I don't know what else we can do.
I'm hoping we survive another 10 days until labor day
and then we'll take a deep breath and go from there.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe he needs an administrative assistant? Oh wait he's got you ;)

I'm so happy my kids are 3 and 7 where the biggest question is Mickey Mouse or Little Einstein.

Unknown said...

My husband jokingly said we should buy the older neighbor girl a car when our son starts seminary in a few years so we don't have to drive him. But seriously, I think it would be worth it!

valerie said...

Hmmmm...I'm tired just reading all that! Hopefully after labor day things will slow down a little bit.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Andrea -
You don't know how close you are to the truth. One time. he "hired" me to do some data entry work. I didn't get it ;) I was fired. Another time, he hired his younger brother to come and clean up the grounds. It was a grueling six hour project.

Michelle said...

Yikes! I don't know how he's doing that, but make sure he's sleeping. Poor kid! I hope he's happy with all that he's doing. That's a HUGE load. Good luck getting through it, and I hope he (and you) finds some time to enjoy it.

Kim said...

at least he can DRIVE.....
my life I have to drive them to all these places and with a limited amount of gas coupons.. sorry gina... not feeling it.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Kim-
You are right! I don't know what I would do if I had to drive him everywhere!