Monday, October 5, 2009

GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEKEND

This weekend was extra busy with kid stuff.  This upcoming week is Homecoming week.  The kids are furiously finishing floats and preparing for all of the festivities.  You'll get to hear plenty about that this week.  There is something going on EVERY day and EVERY night this week.

But General Conference weekend is my favorite and I didn't want to miss any of the sessions.  My favorite sessions typically are Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

All of the talks can be watched at http://www.lds.org/ and will be available in print this Thursday.  I like to print out my favorites so that I can go back and read every word.

I thought I would share some of my "take-aways" from conference.

Okay, I just typed up a mini summary of all of the talks from the sessions.
But that's not what is really important.
Sometimes, it's not the "words" that make a difference but how they make us feel.

I always come away from conference with
1) a greater testimony of the Savior,
2) a renewed desire to serve others and be more obedient to the commandments,
3) a greater love of mankind,
4) an increased appreciation, thankfulness and testimony of the Prophet and Apostles that they are men called of God to tell us what the Lord would have us know.

There you have it.
Pure and simple.
Conference always makes me want to be a better person.
Probably, we should have it every week!

2 comments:

Lifeisapitch said...

Have a great week!

You are right about conference.

Thanks for your blog post and your insight!!!!

valerie said...

The power was wonky and I haven't had a chance to see if any was saved on dvr but I did catch the last 30 minutes when the Prophet was speaking. Loved it!