You know what THAT means! Keely is out of town or something and Amy at Bitchin' Wives Club is hosting today's festivities.
Not only is it RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaY, but there is a lot going on around here!
* First - the Washing Machine Repair man is coming between 8 and 12. I NEED him to come as close to 8 as possible. So, what do you want to bet that he calls at 11:55 and a) says that he is running late and will be here around 2:30 or b) says that he is running late and won't be here until Thursday.
* IF things work out, we can go pick up Garrett's car at the mechanics. Garrett has been driving the little white truck while his car has been in the shop. He doesn't care what car he drives. He's just happy to have a car. I, on the other hand, DO care. When he drives the little white truck, the boys have to stow their lacrosse equipment in the bed of the truck. There is NO way they can go to school and leave their gear in the bed of the truck all day....unless they want to come out after school to find it missing. So, I have to drive their equipment to the school and meet them in the parking lot everyday after school so they can grab it. I want the car back!
* Also, when they come home at night, they lug those ginormous bags of STINKY equipment into the kitchen. Hmmm...Garrett's bag wasn't in the kitchen this morning. I texted him at 6:05: "Where is your lax stuff?" Response: "Oh, I just realized it;s in the back of the lac."
It took me a couple of seconds - Back of the "lac?" Did he just text so fast he mispelled? Back of the "lac." RIGHT!
He's quoting Snoop Dogg - "When we doin' what we doin in the back of the lac."
Of course - the back of the truck - the back of the lac. The truck is a LOT like a Cadillac. ;)
* Speaking of role models. Lil Wayne reports to Riker's today. Yep - starting a one year sentence for illegal gun possession. But don't feel bad. "He's been working hard getting music and videos out to make up for his absence." Wow! That's a relief!
* Oh and in other role model news: an 11 year old boy accidentally shot himself in the foot yesterday when his father left him with the gun TO GUARD THEIR MARIJUANA PLANTS! People! Please! Thankfully, the dad had a license for 30 of the plants under Colorado's medicinal marijuana
* It's 8:11 and I haven't heard from the Washing Machine Repair Man.
* My luck is about to change. I found this:
Yep, it's the lucky wishbone from "Operation," the game. Okay, so I didn't exactly find it. A couple of weeks ago, Brian was vacuuming this furry area rug in the basement, when he announced, "Oh, oh, I think I just vacuumed up the wishbone." The wishbone? "Yeah, I think I just vacuumed up the wishbone from Operation." NO!!! Not the Operation game- full of fun - for ages 6 to 8????? We HAVE to have the wishbone!!!! Because we haven't played that game in years and we probably
never will get it out every Sunday and play as a family. We MUST recover the wishbone. Feeling adventuresome, I dove into the central vac canister yesterday and sorted through 1,000 hairballs to save the wishbone. Did you know that 1) I am the only blonde in my family? 2) There was NOT a single strand of dark hair in the vacuum canister? Why is all MY hair in there and where is everybody elses'? I'll just ponder that for the rest of the day!
Have a great Tuesday.
And if you get a chance - get over here and start folding.
But not yet, it's 8:23 and he hasn't called yet.