Join in the fun! Get RaNDoM with Keely at The UnMom. Go see her and link up!
* Remember yesterday when I was praising Colorado's fine SUNSHINY weather? It's true! We have more than 300 sunny days a year. Even when it snows, the sun comes out. We're like the 2nd sunshiniest state in the US. We beat out Florida. Saturday, Sunday, Monday........65 and sunshiney. We have lacrosse games today at 5 and 7 pm. GUESS when the snow is supposed to come? I'm going to go put my long underwear on.
* Conversation at Costco - I'm NOT lying -
Garrett & Parker tag teaming Brian - "Dad, Dad, can we get Final Fantasy 13?"
Brian - looking at the box..."Is this a wholesome video game?"
Parker - "Oh yeah, it teaches you to appreciate life and create worlds and kill off people and dominate everyone and.....
Brian - "Hmmmm....."
Garrett - "Dad, I think it would be just what we need to overcome our Call of Duty addiction."
* Yesterday, I received a special coupon in the mail:
5% off Funeral and Cremation Services
Who to use it on? Who to use it on?
* Speaking of mail -
I'm confused by my own email inbox.
Here's a sampling of my spam lately -
-"EXTENZ..........for men only"
Hmmmm........I don't think I'll open this one
-"Leave your loved one $1,000,000 just in case" "Just in case" what? That's a lot of "just in case." And I sure wish someone would leave me $1,000,000 just in case.
- "Meet singles with similar values" Similar values to what? each other? Or similar to the other ones in my inbox? like "Plenty of BBW singles available." "Meet local singles TONIGHT!"
Finally - they MUST have my birthday wrong! I keep getting these-
"Get the Power Chair Advantage with Hoveround"
and "AARP Membership Opens Up a Whole New World"
That's a whole new world I want no part of - even with a Hoveround!
* I've been on a mad cookie binge lately - like the last 2 months.
I've made cookies every Sunday or Monday.
Yesterday, I made these
Martha's Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies. I knew Garrett would like the fact that they are rolled in cinnamon and CHILI POWDER.
* I filled out my census form. Did you?
I got stuck.
All you have to do is write down each person who is living in your house on April 1, 2010, their age and their race. How hard can it be? Brian - check, Me - check, Parker - Check. Garrett........not so straight forward. You can't mark two boxes under race. Do I pick White, Black or Asian? And if you mark Asian, you have to pick what kind of Asian. There was no box for Blasian.
* This week's song that I can't stop singing is - "Nothin' On You" by B.O.B ft. Bruno
Enough already! There's a storm rolling in!