Tuesday, November 16, 2010

OLD & BROKEN DOWN

Wow!  I'm NOT THAT old,
but lately, I'm feeling every minute of my 29 years!


You know who never gets old?
Keely and her RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaY FESTIVAL
Go to The Un Mom and check her out!


* You know you are getting old when you walk downstairs to get something, you get there and you can't remember what you came down for. You stand there for a couple of minutes hoping that it will com to you.  It doesn't.  You go back upstairs and few minutes later, you remember exactly why you went down.


You know you are getting EVEN OLDER when you go downstairs to get something and forget what it was.  You don't even wait for it to come to you.  You know it won't.  You just go back upstairs and wait for it to come to you up there.

* I just carried two cases of soda downstairs.
It was soooo heavy.
Do you know how much 64 X 12 fluid ounces weighs???
Me neither, but it's heavy.

* Do you know how hard it is to text with dish gloves on?


* Ummm...why is Borders BOOKSTORE selling Christmas trees?
These Christmas trees -










for $199

* On our flight to Chicago,
Parker looked at the SkyMall Magazine and decided he needed one of these
At the TOP of the basement stairs. With HIS name of course. Why?

 
* Is it weird that I am suddenly a little leary of soup cans?
I decided to make chili last night but was afraid to open the cans of beans and tomato sauce.
It could be because the last time I opened a can (five days ago)I cut myself so badly,  I needed stitches.
Not that I got them.
I preferred to suck on that finger while I finished making the soup with my left hand.


* Garrett's Facebook Status:
"Some of you may have seen my status posted last week, regarding the faulty disney site and wanting it to be fixed so I can watch Phineas and Ferb. Straight up, im angry, and still waiting..... SOMEONE FIX IT! DONT JUST LIKE THE STATUS!"
Yes, he is a college freshman.

* Thanksgiving Countdown!
Garrett - Home in 5 Days. 
He can watch all the ICarly and Phineas & Ferb he wants!
Trammell - Home in 7 Days. 
He can pick up those coats he forgot to take to school.  I guess after living in Cambodia for two years, he forgot that it is 25 degrees in November.

Happy RaNDoM!
GINA

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

borders is selling pink trees? WTF is that about? Totally weird.

VandyJ said...

OK, that tree looks a bit hookers r us, but what ever works. Although I'm reminded of the tree Lucy describes in Charlie Brown Christmas. But pink and fluffy doesn't say Christmas to me. Easter maybe, but not Christmas.

kimert said...

Stopping over from RTT!
Interesting pink tree. More interesting that Borders is selling them!

Mama Badger said...

Tell Garrett to come on over. He can watch Phineas and Ferb with LG. We have them all tivoed. LG would love the company.

Donna said...

I'm 30 and that's already happening to me where I forget what I came downstairs for. Yikes! Maybe I just need to get more sleep.

Keely said...

It's an Easter Christmas?

My Mom once dropped a full can of soup on her sandaled foot and the rim cut her toe almost clean off. So you're right to be afraid of tin cans. They're out to get you.

MindyAnn said...

omg, I too am petrified of opening cans now. We received an electric can opener for our wedding and it opens the can below the top (does that make sense?, it doesnt open on top of the can like a manual can opener does)..anywho, I use a dish towel to pry the top of because I am so deathly afraid of cutting myself. Its happened once and I never want to do it again!!

I hope you're ok!!

Anonymous said...

Is it terrible that I REALLY want that tree? YES. Not for Christmas. I just want it.

Anonymous said...

Oh snapping noise, I didn't see the price. I'm just going to do what I said in the email. Next week. Tuesday. I'll post it Wednesday. They better have one here.

Anonymous said...

...you thought YOU were crazy...

Kristin said...

"Neither do I, but it's heavy." LOL!

I'm following from the Tuesday hop!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Kristin said...

Hi! I'm following from the hop!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

Carolee Hollenback said...

Did they start selling the trees last month, during breast cancer month? They do start selling stuff earlier & earlier every year.

Visiting from Friday Fragments- have a great evening.

www.comeonhome.net

Unknown said...

I'm late to the party but these days I feel grateful to make it on here at all (seriously, you need to twitter, then we could talk all day everyday!)

I'm leery of kidney bean cans. While making chili yesterday I opened a cana nd dumped it into my on the stove chili only to discover...a mealworm. Yes. I pretty much barfed.