Thursday, April 22, 2010

Celebrating Earth Day

So, it's Earth Day.
I'm not really into the environment so much.
We certainly don't litter, we try to conserve energy,
I don't purposely destroy the place, but I don't recycle.


I know, I'm so uncool, not politically correct, a rebel.


Sorry.
My parents' generation left me with an unbelievable deficit.
It's really pulled my generation together.
It's something we can fight unite over and try to solve.


So as a favor to my kids,
I'm leaving them with overflowing landfills.
Hopefully, disposable diapers will bring them together.
Besides - they are the kids who wore the diapers.


But we'll still celebrate Earth Day........
by going to Chipotle.
I don't know what that has to do with Earth Day.
It just sounds good.

PS: I WON'T throw out the little plastic basket that the burrito comes in.....so they can reuse it.
That's kind of like recycling.
See! I AM earth friendly.

3 comments:

Mama Badger said...

Well, at least you're thinking about it. That's a start, right?

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure Chipotle uses organically grown meat and veggies, or something like that, (I'm always reading about it on their cups). . . totally earth friendly.

H.K. said...

Chipotle sounds like a great place to celebrate Earth Day- you can never go wrong with eating Mexican besides all the food is natural-meat, carb, & veggies.