Yea for RaNDoM!
Who doesn't like RaNDoM?
Go see Keely at The UnMom. She's the one who started all of this!
* I have a list two thousand miles long of things that need to be done today.
Funny, blogging isn't on the list.
So I'll do that first.
* EVERYONE at this house is a little bit on the grouchy side.
It must be from too MUCH sleep.
Usually everybody stays up ALL night and gets up between 5 and 5:15.
Th kids went to bed at...........ready?...........8:30.
Brian and I would have gone to bed early too but we had to watch 10 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
* Tomorrow, Margaret and I leave for her daughter's wedding in Seattle.
Margaret is probably going to kill me.
I keep calling every five minutes to make sure she hasn't forgotten something.
Just now - "Okay, so while I was in the shower, I wondered if you had packed whatever supplies you need to bustle Laura's dress?"
* Here's Friday's conversation with the Urgent Care lady.
Me: "Hi. I think my son has a broken wrist and..........."
Urgent Care Lady: "Oh, well you can bring him in and we'll X-Ray it."
Me: "Right, but I need to know what you do if it's broken. Can we just get it cast there?"
UCL: "Well, see, usually we can't because it's swollen."
Me: "Right. But his wrist isn't swollen, so can we just take cae of it there?"
UCL: "Well, we usually wait a few days and send you to another doctor."
Me: "See, I'm really looking for a 'One Stop Shop."
Parker didn't seem to think it was too urgent to get to urgent care.
He went to lunch with friends at Panda Express.
I finally dragged him in about 2.
His wrist was.................broken but not swollen.
I'm a medical genius.
We left with this:
a fiberglass splint. It's way cool because you can take it off
whenever you want to, like to shower and go in the hot tub for a few seconds.
* We still went to the Orthopedic guy yesterday.
THAT'S a whole different story.
But we got a whole new official brace -
* Our doctor's appointment was at 9:15. We got there at 9:00. I filled out all the paperwork, turned it in and came back and sat down with Parker. I was looked up from my book at the line of people waiting to check in with the receptionist and hmmmm............there's a guy in line with a weight lifting belt on. You now, those wide leather belts? Weird.
But who knows, maybe it's part of some treatment he's doing or since I can only see the back, maybe it's attached to a brace or sling or something. Hmmmmm. There is a guy with him holding an X-Ray.
They speak with the receptionist and turn around to come sit down.
Yeah...........there's something attached to the "weight lifting" belt.
It's chains with HANDCUFFS!
And the guy is in shackles.
We're at the Felon Orthopedic Clinic!
* The felon went AHEAD of us.
We walked out of our 9:15 appointment at 12:15.
I was NOT happy!
* I woke yesterday and realized there were NO bakery items in the house for breakfast.
THAT was awful.
* Don't you hate it when you are trying to get out of town and you have a million things to do and for some reason you start doing ridiculous things like - cleaning out the freezer and cleaning the crumbs out of the keyboard? What is wrong with me?
Enough RaNDom! I hae to go alphabetize the spices!