Thursday, December 31, 2009

Arrivederci Mom and Dad!

Last Saturday was an exciting day!
My parents:

received their mission call in the mail.

My parents, my family and my brother's family all gathered around one computer here in Denver, while my two little brothers and their families gathered around their computer in London and we Skyped while my parents opened the big white envelope that would tell them where they would serve, for how long they would serve, and when they would serve.

Before they opened the envelope, we all took a guess. Kalamazoo, Cambodia, Ghana, Italy, and Louisiana all made the list.

My parents were called to serve as full time missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in

for 23 months, starting on June 14, 2010.

In case you are confused by the map, that's ROME, ITALY....not Bosnia, France or Tunisia.
They are beyond excited and we are also so excited for them.
This has been their dream for years and it has taken much blood, sweat and tears to figure out how to make it happen.
Yea for Mom and Dad!!!!

5 comments:

martyeaster said...

That is sooooo awesome!

Kim said...

does this mean I will have to go to church ...

Shirley said...

How exciting! Do they speak Italian?

Missty said...

Very cool!!!

Stacy said...

That's so cool! Good for them. I'd love to go on a mission some day.