It's RTT afterall.
So go over to Keely's at The Unmom, grab her button, speak your mind and link up!
* Before I spew my Random, don't forget to sign up for the Bestest Ever Faux Giveaway! (See yesterday's post.) There are so many incredible gifts, people will be fighting in the streets for them!
* Okay, so the Christmas village is up. I spent two days getting the bannister decorated. Nativity scenes are up. The fireplace is adorned. And my dining room looks like a holiday crap cannon exploded in it. There are baggies of berry garland and beads and glass balls and 1,000's of white twinkly lights (waiting to be tested) and Christmas platters and fall wreathes and bins of snowmen. I think I should get some plywood and just seal off that room.
* I always dread putting up the tree. It's a 12 footer from the pre-pre-lit era. So I get to put all the lights on the tree. This tree is large and fairly unmanageable. It never fails that I test the lights and take the perfectly working strand up to the top of the ladder. Climb on the step that says, "This is NOT a step," and leaning into the tree for support, gingerly place the lights in a perfectly spaced out, even manner. Then descending the tree to plug them in and grab the next strand..........."Voila! Let there be...........not light." Yeah the lights that worked perfectly at floor level are somehow out at 12" above floor level. What the???? Lighting the tree always brings out the BEST in me.
* I think I'm skipping the whole Christmas card thing too. Just not feelin' it. But I like to receive cards, so keep me on YOUR list!
*Right now, it is 3 degrees outside my house in Denver. Right now, it is 89 degrees outside Trammell's house in Battambang, Cambodia. Hmmm....who are you more jealous of?
* I was feeling pretty proud of myself. We received an email from the mission home in Phnom Penh that said, "Don't forget to mail your Christmas package soon. The mail deadline for it to reach Cambodia is December 7th." Duh! I mailed my pre-Christmas package on October 30th and two real Christmas packages on November 5th. But then, the next line invited us to send an extra Christmas gift for our son's companion - especially if the companion is Cambodian, because chances are, his family is Buddhist and he won't get ANY gifts! EEEEEKKKKK! Trammell's companion is currently American but things can change. I ran right out and bought some gifts, wrapped them, crammed them in a padded envelope and scribbled a note to Trammell, "These are NOT for you! Put your companion's name on these, whoever it is on Christmas, and give these to him." Phew! Barely made the deadline!
* Don't laugh. I went to two funerals yesterday and NEITHER was the one I was supposed to attend. Yeah, I took off my long underwear and put on a skirt, went to the church and one funeral had just ended.....not the one I was supposed to attend. A kindly person told me the next
* For Family Home Evening last night, I was in charge of the lesson. A lot of families used the time to talk about the Christmas Spirit, or maybe being kind and loving and sharing. Not me. We talked about Sexting. Unfortunately, Garrett was still eating his dinner. He choked on his taco. I'm kind of a straight forward girl.
So yeah - no opening pictures of naked people. No answering Yes to TD?, SM? or RUH? <- That's Talk Dirty? Sex Message? and Are You Horny if you don't know the code. Did you know you can get arrested for not just sending sex messages but for receiving them? I don't agree with the receiving part, but it's true. A teen in Ohio received 3 months for....some stupid charge...and he didn't send a single message. But he sure didn't mind opeing them. So that was our lesson last night. Maybe next week we'll talk about being kind and not too loving.
* Who cares about Tiger Woods? I don't want to hear another s.i.n.g.l.e. word about an overpaid sports star with absolutely zero morals who idiots worship. Not one word.
*That about wraps up my RTT. I'm thinking about playing out my "man against nature" fantasies and putting on boots and gloves and going somewhere.