Monday, December 21, 2009

Silent Night Morning
Ahhhh......it's early.  The only sound is the ticking of the clock.
I relish the fact that the entire day is in front of me.

The sun rises
and out my window, I can see the quiet.
No cars drive down the street.
No one jogs by.
A few remaining leaves shiver on the tree.

The WHOLE day lies ahead with promise.

What should I do?
Wrap presents?
Plan the Christmas Eve festivities?
Go to a movie?
Grocery shop?
Make lists of things to do?
Do something fun with the boys?
Laundry?

Last minute Christmas shopping?
Make cookies?

So many options.
Each one worthwhile.

I think I will read the paper and pretend that it's not December 21st and I don't have millions of things to do.
I'll cook up some bacon, arrange some cookies on a plate and crack open an ice cold coke.

But I do know that I'm NOT going to wake the boys.
THAT is sure to start the chaos.

I hope that all of you find a little slice of peace today!



"Without Christ there would be no Christmas, and without Christ there can be no fulness of joy. . . . And now, my beloved brothers and sisters, what must we do this Christmas season--and always? Why, we must do the same as the wise men of old. They sought out the Christ and found him. And so must we. Those who are wise still seek him today."  Ezra Taft Benson - December 1985

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you found your piece today. We spent 4.5 hours shopping in the masses rushing through all OH NO we forgot to buy Susie/Jim/Bob a present!

Finished the night with a little Wii family bowling and some boxing :) Now I'm ready to relax (and wrap all the gifts).

Raven said...

I love those mornings before the kids are up and it's nice and peaceful. I hope you enjoyed your time. :-)