Thursday, February 18, 2010

JUST SAYIN'

This week is FLYING by.  The four day weekend certainly helped.
And the fact that so many people are "entertaining" me helps too!


It's Thursday's Writers' Workshop over at Mama Kat's
Mama's Losin' It
Go on over and take a look around.
Pick a prompt and write away!


Yesterday, I shared an entertaining string of emails with Trammell in Cambodia.
But there's more where THAT came from
because I'm easily entertained!


I chose -
2.) Relay an entertaining conversation or string of emails you recently had with someone.


On Tuesday, Brian called at about 11:30 and said,
"Hey, why don't you grab the boys and meet me for some lunch and then we can go look for a TV stand (whole other post!)."


Frankly, with there being no school, I was surprised that the boys were even out of bed.
But luckily they were, because Brian was ready to go AND his office was closer to the restaurant.


I went down into the man cave,
saw the boys settled in at their respective TV's with controllers attached to their thumbs starting a Call of Duty marathon and delivered this command:
"Hey guys, kill as many people as you can in the next two minutes and then we gotta go to Smashburger."


Did I really just say that?
What kind of a mother am I?
They came up in two minutes ready to go.


Same day:
Brian: "Have you had your cupcakes?"
Remember, he spent an hour driving to my favorite cupcake store to deliver the goods on Valentine's?
Me: "Yeah, I told the boys they could have one."
Brian: "You're sharing?"
Me: "MmmmHmmmm"
Brian: "You're sharing?"
Me: reluctant to admit it, "Yeah, I know....."
Brian: "WOW! THAT'S Bloggable!"


What's he saying?
Okay.  So sharing is NOT my forte!


And in case your think stupid/entertaining conversations just happen with members of my family -
Here are a couple with my friend and fellow Blogger Margaret from Facts from a Factwoman
Margaret: "Wait, why can't you do it?  What browser are you using?"
Me: mumbling, "EyOhElll."
Margaret: "What?  Why aren't you using...."
Me: cutting her off at the pass, "Look, I'm behind.  When Al Gore was inventing the internet, I was right there with him.  The problem is - he  moved on.  I didn't."


And one more -
The phone rings.
Me: "Hello?"
Maragaret: "You know that thing where you had to fill in the thing?"
Me: "What?"
Margaret: "You know that thing you did and you had to answer that quiz?"
Me: "What?"
Margaret: "You know where you had to invite all your friends?"
Me: "I didn't take any quiz."
Maragaret: "And then at the end you had to enter your cell phone number and guess what?  They charge your cell phone $10 a month."
Me: "Yeah I didn't take any quiz."
Margaret: "You didn't?  It was an IQ test and then it didn't even work.  That app doesn't even work.  AND if you fill in your cell number, they charge you.  Wait.  So you didn't even get to the quiz.  Wow, i took the whole IQ test. I guess we know who has a higher IQ- the person who didn't even take the quiz."
Me: "Yeah - I'm putting you down on my "Stupid" conversation list."
Maragaret: "Gee thanks!"


What are friends for?
I'm off to have some more entertaining conversations!



12 comments:

Simply Valorie said...

If she's talking about those quizzes on Facebook... so THAT'S what they do! I've never taken one before, so it's good to know that I never should have.

Cajoh said...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's…

Love how you can have totally different conversations with different people. Just goes to prove how adaptable you are.

Thanks for sharing,

Anonymous said...

Your post was hilarious! "Kill as many people as you can" ? So funny! That's something I tell my husband when he is playing his video games and I'm calling him for dinner, LOL.

Tina L. Hook said...

My Hubs is a gamer and our conversations are not dissimilar. Mine go like this: Have you killed any aliens today, honey?

Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

Claremont First Ward said...

Sharing one of my special treats would be blog worthy here, too. :)

Pamela Gold said...

I love finding other fellow mom's of boys! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

I totally could have written the "Kill who you can in two minutes..." section. Love it!

Mama Badger said...

Now, Gina, sharing is nice. Sharing is one way to show our friends that we love them. (oh, wait, that's right. you're not 2. this is why I'm not allowed to talk to adults).

Smashburger? Tell me more. I'm intrigued.

StephieMae said...

WAIT?! You offered up your cupcakes to the boys! Wow I give you props...today I was just in the butlers pantry and I saw my box of cupcakes :( I really should toss them but I can't really carry them so there they sit.

Umm I secretly love that you are still with AOL everytime I watch You've Got Mail I miss mine...and than I think of you. Yes wierd I know.

♥ Kathy said...

that was VERY entertaining!!

Caution/Lisa said...

Love your blog!! I suspect, though, that I may well share your type of crazy :) My boys have killed entire populations via PS2, PS3, PSP, and so on. Yes, we're quite high brow around here.

Natalie said...

Too funny - my husband has a man cave that we always laugh about. He built it. In our back yard.

I have two little boys (and a daughter) who will grow up to be those teenagers like the one living with you. I love it. It will be fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Natalie at www.mommyonfire.com

Natalie said...

Too funny - my husband has a man cave that we always laugh about. He built it. In our back yard.

I have two little boys (and a daughter) who will grow up to be those teenagers like the one living with you. I love it. It will be fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Natalie at www.mommyonfire.com