Go on over to Keely's at The Unmom and pic up this purple button and play along.
* It's Groundhog Day. What a stupid holiday! Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and there will be six more weeks of winter.
1) We haven't even had much a winter here...so there better be some winter coming!
2) Why does this take place in Pennsylvania? What makes them such good prognosticators?
3) Duh, Spring doesn't start until March, so of course there are 6 more weeks of winter.
4) Of course he saw his shadow - there were TV crews with lights and it was like 5 in the morning.
5) And why are we using a groundhog? The holiday started (kinda) in Europe with a badger. Don't we have any prognosticating badgers?
* Oscar nominations came out and I haven't seen ONE of those nominated for Best Movie. I own "Up" but have never watched it. In fact, I haven't seen ANY of the movies nominated for anything. Am I totally out of touch?
* I think it's funny that Johnny Weir (the Olympic ice skater) took the fox fur off his costume and now Peta is all happy. THE FOX IS STILL DEAD, PEOPLE! There is no cause for celebration! Just because he took the 6 inches of fur off his costume, the fox didn't magically come back alive. It doesn't right all the animal wrongs. And hey, who is to say that Johnny's costume designer didn't just go up to the neighborhood foxhole and ask Mr. Fox if he couldn't just give him a little shave and "borrow" the fur. Yeah, the fox didn't get killed, it got a little trim so Johnny could get a little trim.......wait, I'm stopping right there.
* Thursday! Thursday is the big day for BONEHEAD #2 (on the right)
gets his mission call! That means he finds out WHERE he is going to go on his mission and WHEN he will leave! He is at BYU and will skype home when he receives it and when he opens it. We're going over to his house because 1) he says we're his 2nd parents and 2) his mom wants Garrett to run the whole skype operation. We've assured it's not that hard.......but she's worried. We're all pretty excited!
* I took Mr. Chunkers (my nephew) to his first birthday party.
He was unimpressed. It took a little while for him to warm up to the idea.
Even the birthday girl was unimpressed. (Don't you love the crown? I need to get me one of those, but without the age plastered on it!) How cute are they?????
Mr Chunkers didn't even try the cake. But after seeing this, can you blame him?
* Next Tuesday is the BIG performance of a life time!!!! Bonehead #1 will be playing his violin in the school talent show. Here he is in PART of his costume.
Yes, that IS a white on white seersucker jacket. Are you wondering what else he will be wearing with that jacket? What you should be more worried about, is what he will be PLAYING while wearing that jacket. If I tell you that he will be wearing NO SHIRT under the jacket, does that give away that he probably won't be playing any Beethoven or Bach? Oh, you just wait!
* I've exhausted myself. It's time to go eat cookies for breakfast. Today - homemade snickerdoodles! I love my life!