Tuesday, September 7, 2010

DISNEYLAND WITHOUT THE RIDES

* I can't post much this week because I'm on the college campus tour!  So, I don't know if I'll actually get linked up to everyone's favorite site - the Queen of Blogging - The UnMom- Keely.  But I hate to miss RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaY.

It's RaNDoM THouGHTS-college edition!

*We just deposited Garrett at college.  We moved him in his apartment, got his ID, got his computer, bought his books, went to orientation, filled his dining account with money, went to WalMart and the grocery store and left.

* We stood in 5 hours of lines and NEVER got to ride the Pirates of Caribbean!  I didn't even get a ride on the monorail! 

* It cost me a kabillion dollars and I left without any souvenirs!  In fact, I left without my child.  I'm still deciding how I feel about that! 

* There IS such a thing as a STUPID question.

* Have you ever noticed that when there is a question/answer period at the end of a meeting, people ask a) stupid questions and b) questions that apply to a minority of the people in the meeting and maybe only to themselves?

* Garrett took a "potluck" roommate and struck it rich!  He has the perfect roommate.  Okay, so it's day one...........but I couldn't pick a better roommmate.

*Garrett's in heaven and I'm on my way to college campus #2.  Trammell is already a week into classes and all settled in, but we're swinging down to check out his digs!

That's it for this RaNDoM!

5 comments:

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

You got a souvenir, a huge tuition bill. That counts!! Glad Garrett struck Gold, Sarah got a lump of coal!
Have a safe trip and some fun!!!

Don and Kelley said...

What can I say about this post?? Oh yeah, "ditto". At the end of the weekend, Don looked at me and said, "I guess the family in Vegas doesn't get to eat this month!!!!" Ha Ha!

Mom in High Heels said...

I only have 10 years until Indy hits college. I don't want to think about it. :)
You didn't ride Pirates???? That's the first place we go.

Unknown said...

Ah the college years...I'll be thinking about that sooner than I like.

Striking it rich the first time out with a roommate is pure gold.

You should go visit I-dee-ho second weekend of October and pop up to say hi, I'll be visiting my sis and parents :)

valerie said...

I never doubted that Garrett would turn out with a roommate he could dig. There should be some great stories for sure!