Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm a Bakery Item!

We survived Monday and as a special reward,
we get Caramel Cake from Mississippi (at least I do)
and to play along with RaNDoM THouGHT TueSDaY with The Un Mom

* I read this quote in the front of a novel -
"Tell me what you eat and I will tell you who you are." Anthleme Brillat-Savarin
Oh geez- what does this mean for me?
I looked the guy up to make sure it was a real quote from a real person.
He was a lawyer and a politician in the 1800's - so no, we don't need to give his quotes any credence.
He had CHEESE named after him for heaven's sake.
I only listen to quotes by people who had desserts named after them.

* Overheard quote:
"They are always anxiously engaged in doing nothing."

I think I'd like to try that.  Do you think I could get these people to mentor me?

* The Social Network was #1 at the box office this weekend.....starring my neighbor's husband Armie Hammer.
He plays the Winklevoss twins. (The boys with the original idea for Facebook)
Not only is he talented enough to play one character, he plays TWO!
Okay - he had some help.........but you know what I mean.
Armie will be on Ellen today.
Go see the movie - it's about way more than Facebook!

* A couple of pieces of unsolicited advice -
1. Don't go jet skiing or boating in a lake full of pirates and drug cartels in a dangerous country.
2. Don't go hiking along the wilderness border of a country full of terrorists, a country always at war or in conflict or a country that has strained relations with your country.

* We had "Stay home and watch church on TV in your pajamas" this weekend.
No really.
Every six months, our church leaders speak to us via a televised broadcast.
It's really called General Conference.
It's four hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday.
It's awesome!
They give us counsel and guidance and it's so inspiring.
Their words make me want to be a better person!

* Last night we had a conference call with College Boy #1 in Utah and College Boy #2 in Idaho and we each discussed our favorite talks from this weekend's General Conference.  It was fun to hear their perspective and hear what touched each person.

* I am waiting impatiently for Fall/Autumn.
I am sick, sick, sick of the hot summer weather!
It's been over 80 for weeks/months.
Bring on Fall before Fall is over.

Enjoy your Tuesday!

5 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

well, it's cold here in Chicago, I'd really enjoy some 80's right now!

Ashli Dardenne said...

I'm so tired of the hot weather too! Bring on the snow!!!

Mama Badger said...

I'll send you some cold and rainy. I'm not sure how to box it up, though.

LG and I watched church on TV when he was little. It was a horrible winter for the flu, so rather than take him to get sick, we watched at home. PB was lonely. I do still love watching the nuns say the rosary on TV, though. There's just something about it that is soothing.

Anonymous said...

How cool is it that you love near a movie star's mom!! ENVY! I'm dying to watch the movie. I hear all great reviews. Now I just need to find some time to make it to the theater!
Happy RTT!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Been hot here too. Finally feeling like Fall this week, but its Texas and we'll be close to 90 by this weekend.