Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Oreos or 1 Wasa Cracker and an Egg? That's a Choice?

It's the LAST day of Parker's 4 day weekend.
We really know how to celebrate Martin Luther King around here.
We get one more day off of school.
Unfortunately, we slept through the Marade yesterday.
No.  That is NOT a typo.
What is a Marade?
It sounds kind of violent to me - like Maraud.
But whatever.  A Marade is a cross between a Parade and a March.
I guess the people can't decide if they are ticked or happy.

But I'm happy!
It's Tuesday!  It's RaNDoM!

What's not to be happy about?  Get on over to Keely's and tell her how happy you are!

* Trammell called Saturday night.
As I answered the phone, I heard him saying, "Yeah - they aren't even on straight.  Look at that girl."
"Hello"
Trammell: "Please tell me you are watching Miss America!"
"Nope.  I'm not.
Trammell: "Well, you should be."
"I'm not.  I'm eating and besides, Dad's watching football."
Trammell: "Okay.  Whatever.  Bye."


Five minutes later the phone rings.
"Hello?"
Trammell: "So you turned it on right?"
"Nope.  Not watching."


*One of my favorite activities is reading recipe magazines while eating.
I love Bon appetit and Everyday Food.
I HATE the January issues.
They are all about "light" food.
What's the point of eating then?


For example, they gave some healthy snacking tips this month:
10 potato chips = 1 corn tortilla and 1/5 of an avocado
I'll take the potato chips AND a whole avocado.


1/2 of a snickers bar = 24 pretzel sticks and 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries.
Double or nothing!  Duh!
Stupid health tips!


*Every night, Brian goes into the hot tub.
I have only gone in the hot tub 3 times in the 8 or so years we have owned it.
It's just not my thing.
Every night, he invites me.
Last night he teased, "Why not?  Why won't you ever go? It will strengthen our relationship and bring unity to our marriage.

I ignored him.

"Well, when we end up in divorce court, the judge will say that it all could have been avoided if only you had gone in the hot tub."


"No problem.  When we get divorced, you can have the hot tub."


"Fine.  And you can have the washer and dryer."
True love people!!!  True Love!

* I almost forgot!
I'm going to the taping of a Food Network show tonight.
No I don't know which one.
I know nothing.
But I'll tell you about it after I read the legal papers and find out what show it is and when I can tell you about it!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ate a whole avocado yesterday and then looked at how many calories are in those things; yikes! But oh-so tasty.

Mama Badger said...

Calories should be divided by the amount of enjoyment you get from the item on a scale of 1 to 100. That might be my new rule.

What was on crooked? Now I need to know!!!

Raven said...

I don't like hot tubs either. We used to have one with the indoor pool at my old apartment building, but I rarely used it. You have no idea how many germs there are in a hot tub (I took microbiology).

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

They canceled the taping for tonight so more will be much later!!!!

I just read all the magazines and agree- Why bother. I should care but I don't!

Hot Tub made me laugh!!!!!!

Annette Kerr said...

I'd LOVE a hot tub!! Why don't you like them? I especially like to relax in a jacuzzi after a workout at the gym! :)

Unknown said...

We don't have a hot tub, but I bet my husband would let me have the washer and dryer anyway.

Captain Dumbass said...

If we had a hot tub it would be pretty much the same thing.

Juli said...

Some of the happiest married people I know talk about what they're gonna take in the divorce. :)

Talk away my friend!

NeCole said...

I'm with you on the hot tub issue. My husband thinks it is the fountain of youth and gets in every night when it's working. Currently, it's not working and he's a little unhappy. I can take it or leave it and I get in and out in about 10 minutes.

Stef said...

Isn't it funny what things we will and will not do with our hubbies.

I think that it is hilarious that your son watched Miss America. Seriously. So funny.

I think that I would rather burn that magazine than read that I can eat woodchips instead of a KitKat.

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I ate more calories this weekend in Chicago than I'd ever care to count. Do I care? Absolutely not!

Hot Tub. Washing Machine. There's true love right there.