Friday, January 14, 2011

Garrett's BIG Day!

I know you've been WAITING!


Garrett received and opened his mission call last night.
It's official!
He is going to ROMANIA!
He will go into the Missionary Training Center to learn Romanian on May 18th.

To say that we are all excited doesn't quite do it justice.
I woke up this morning and turned to Brian and said, "Is Garrett still going to Romania?"

Right now, I know the Romania is the home to Dracula.  It's the country right next to Ukraine - where the OTHER Bonehead, Garrett's best friend is on his mission, didn't Nadia Comenche come from there, it's Eastern Europe, near the Black Sea and the church really started missionary work there in 1990.

That's all I know, but by the end of the day, I bet I will be connected with other moms who have sons serving missions there.  I will have the map memorized. I will know there population, the GNP, what their main industries are and what they eat. ;)

Garrett is over the moon excited.
We know he is ready to go and he will be a great missionary!
Thank you for all your love, support, and friendship during this exciting time!


Gina

17 comments:

Kir said...

AWESOME! That is so very cool! I'm excited for Garrett too! I know someone who served in Romania! Now I know another!

martyeaster said...

We are so excited for him!

Raven said...

That's very cool! Congrats to Garrett!

Paula said...

I bet no one picked that!

Don and Kelley said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!

Rebecca Jo said...

I have some friends that just returned from there!!! I said I could never go there because I'd want to bring home all the babies in the orphanages!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Let's try this comment again. I was so excited the first time I couldn't spell anything right. Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! That is beyond exciting! A guy in our ward served in Romania. He has been to Dracula's castle! Also, you might not want to tell Garrett this, but he says they eat lots of pigs. ALL of the pig! He would sometimes see a little piggy eyeball looking up at him from his soup. But I digress...I can't wait to hear more about Romania and his missionary adventures.

Mama Badger said...

It sounds very exotic. I'd be frightened of trying to talk about my faith to all the orthodox peoples, though.

Better stock up on long undies. I hear it gets COLD over there!

{amy} said...

Wonderful!! Yay!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

That is terrific! What an experience he will have there.

Juli said...

So glad you posted a map, because I need to be educated. I am so excited for him... what an experience!

Again, I am still in awe of how dedicated your family is... it really is remarkable in today's day and age.

Anonymous said...

Happy Day!! Congrats to all of you!!

missty

Stef said...

Wow! That is so exciting!! I bet he is in high heaven. I would be freaking out. I was so happy I went stateside but ASL mission. So excited for you all!!

Cyndy Bush said...

Holy Guacamole! How exciting for all of you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Garrett! He's going to do awesome!

Donna said...

That is so awesome!! What a cool place!!