Friday, January 21, 2011

Squirrels, Ridiculous Gifts, & Cupcakes Galore

If you lived in my head, you would understand that EVERY day is Fragment Day!
Thank heavens Mrs. 4444  gives us a chance to let it out or my head would explode!
Go on over to Half Past Kissin' Time and give her some love!


* I received this text from one of my college boys:
"I just ate a giant Red Velvet Cupcake."
I responded like the mature, parental unit that I am:
"Brat!"


* In revenge, I busted this out
(Stupidest appliance ever made but I love it because it was given to me by my brother)
and made my own cupcakes.
Na, na, na, na, na!!!!


* Is this my desk or a craft table?
Sometimes it's hard to tell!

*Yes, someone took a bite out of most of those chocolates and put them back.
I'm kind of picky about my chocolates.


*With his brothers away at college, Parker has his choice of 3 rooms upstairs - HIS room with a queen bed, a room with a twin bed, or the guest room with a queen bed.  OR, he could sleep in the bedroom in the basement with a queen bed.  But NO!  This is where he has chosen to sleep this week:
The family room couch!  Isn't that Burger King pillow case hideous?  It's ANOTHER lovely gift from one of my brothers.  What did I do to deserve such gifts?

* Overheard -
"Yeah, since graduation, I can't believe some of the choices my friends have made. I don't know what happened. But some people have made some pretty crazy choices."

"Seriously.....like Henry.*  He went off the deep end."

"He didn't go off the deep end.  He's in a whole different pool!"

* Good News!
My beautiful neighbor Elizabeth and her charming husband Armie won the Glamour Online Poll for most gorgeous celebrity couple of the red carpet at the Golden Globes.  Armie will be on Leno tonight.  And I previewed Elizabeth's dress for the SAG awards.  It's beautiful, but she could wear a potato sack and look gorgeous.


*Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day!
Who doesn't love squirrels?
I don't know how you are supposed to show your appreciation.
Maybe we should all run outside and hug one.

Have a great weekend!
Gina

8 comments:

valerie said...

Hey! I found my chocolate box stash suspiciously just like yours. Were you at my house?

Raven said...

My box o chocolates (when I have one) looks just like yours. hehe I have to know what I'm getting into before I make a commitment to eat the whole piece.

Mmmm cupcakes...

My youngest declared my living room to be her bedroom for several months for some unknown reason.

Now I need to find a squirrel and hug it!

Mama Badger said...

What is that appliance? If it helps make cupcakes, I want one.

I lived on the living room couch for about a year when I was in HS. Drove my mom nuts.

Unknown said...

Here's a funny (but true) squirrel related conversation for you in honor of squirrel appreciate day. Courtesy of a preschool teacher I know.

Child 1: A squirrel went in my dad's pants.

Preschool teacher: Oh, I don't think a squirrel would do that.

Child 2: They will if you have nuts in there!

Juli said...

Yeah. I could totally live with him on the couch as long as that king case never entered my home. Just sayin'....

And squirrels... maybe leave them some birdseed on top of the snow. :)

Stef said...

There is just something about lounging around on a couch. I was so like him when I was a teen. Am like that sometimes now too. Hubs doesn't get it. Oh well.

{amy} said...

I want to know what that appliance is as well!!!

Mrs4444 said...

OMiGosh! They make red velvet CUPcakes? Wow--I am so in love with that idea right now...