Friday, April 17, 2009

My Husband Rocks!

It's Friday! It's time to recognize Brian for the almost 25 years he has put up with me! It's time for My Husband Rocks!

So here ya go...............
MIDDLE OF WEEK, MIDDLE OF THE DAY DATES !

When I get home from seminary, Brian is at his desk or showering or sometimes still in the bed. But a few times a week he greets me with “Where are we going?”
“Where are we going?????? We’re going somewhere at 7 am?”
Yep! We’re going on A DATE!
And he tells me to pick a place. Sometimes we go out to a place called Sams No. 3 for a full fledged breakfast….or Johnny’s Diner or Village Inn. Sometimes we take a little drive for the famous cinnamon crumb donuts at The Donut or maple cake at Lamars. We’ll go to Einsteins or My Favorite Muffin. And some days, we just run to McDonalds for the large Coke and come right back to our desks to get to work.
Sometimes it's an hour and half and sometimes it's only 15 minutes, but it’s time together.
And it shows he’s thinking of me, wants to be with me and –
He likes me! He really likes me!
And guess what? I like him too!

2 comments:

valerie said...

Awww what a sweetie! Sometimes those little unplanned, few moments for a date make it more special.

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, Gina! Josha nd I tried Sam's No. 3 today with his parents - mouth watering!!!!! We'll have to try the other places you mentioned, too.

Bishop Cox is nothing short of amazing. He does ROCK!