It was AWESOME!
Trammell told us he would call sometime on his Monday morning which is our Sunday evening. We purposely had our Mothers’ Day dinner early and sent our dinner guests packing.
Then we made Christmas cookies – a whole different story – while we waited for the phone to ring.
I kept stalling on putting the cookies in the oven because I didn’t want to be babysitting cookies while talking to Tram. Turns out, we got the entire batch baked and rolled in sugar before the phone call.
So he called around 9 pm and it was WONDERFUL.
The connection was really clear – as if he were next door.
For Family Home Evening, we talked about the phone call and what we have learned from Trammell thus far.
We all agreed –
1) He sounds just like the same old great Trammell AND
2) He sounds sooooo, soooo happy.
And to be honest, I don’t really care about anything else. That’s all I care about. And he sounds GREAT!
But we did ask some questions that we have asked 15-20 times before in emails but have never gotten answers to so we’ll pass them on –
1) I WAS RIGHT! He didn’t celebrate his own birthday. That cake, candles, party hat etc in Elder Anderson’s birthday celebration picture last week DID come from Trammell’s birthday package.
2) No, he hasn’t lost his camera. Yes, he has taken pictures. Yes, he will mail the photo card home. (I’ll believe it when I see it!)
3) No, they don’t sleep under mosquito netting. Their apartment is really nice and has air conditioning.
4) They eat breakfast at home – Trammell had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on Monday and then they eat their other meals out. It’s cheaper and faster. But when they do come home to eat, they make fried noodles with vegetables. He loves the food.
5) No, he hasn’t eaten anything weird like scorpions or spiders. Where’s the adventure?
6) The HOT season is ending and the HOT & RAINY season is starting. The average high for the day is 92 and the low is 82………..nice! He says that sometimes it rains so hard that you can actually feel rain going down your pant leg in a stream. Hmmm…….