Thursday, January 28, 2010

YOU: ICE TEA ADDICT, NEGHBORHOOD SLOB

Our neighborhood association frequently sends out emails about community meetings, neighborhood parties, coyote sitings and other neighborhood concerns.  They are usually quite business like.
But here is one that went out to the entire neighborhood the other day............unedited (except the street names and the people's names).
For some reason, I thought it was hilarious.  I don't know why.  I guess I have a sick sense of humor.

The Subject Title really was "YOU: ICE TEA ADDICT, NEIGHBORHOOD SLOB"

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE !!!!


Today I walked along Green Street from my home (at the corner of Blue), down to Main Rd. My mission was to collect the huge amount of roadside trash that has recently appeared. (The amount of trash was WAY, WAY beyond what I've seen on Green Street over the last 16 years. I collected three trash bags on this short section of road.)


Imagine my surprise when I quickly discovered that MOST OF THE TRASH CAME FROM JUST ONE PERSON!


How do I know this? Easy! More than 2/3 of the trash I picked up was nearly-empty plastic bottles of Nestle Pure Life Ice Tea, or plastic water bottles which apparently had been re-filled with ice tea. Each bottle had a small amount of remaining tea in it. I picked up over a hundred of these bottles .... and then I stopped counting.


So if you are the person who is addicted to ice tea, and who has been discarding your old bottles while drving down Green Street; STOP IT!


Neighbors, if you know which of our fellow citizens (who lives in the eastern or southern areas of Happy Neighborhood, or maybe along Blue Street) is the ice tea addict, please send me and our Board President Jane Doe a private note, by email.


This just isn't acceptable in Happy Neighborhood (or anywhere else - so don't just change to dumping your trash along Main Road!).


John Smith


I think this guy was mad!!!!

3 comments:

valerie said...

Hmmm..odd. Hopefully they will wise up and manage to get it into the garbage can next time. Keep us updated if the letter actually worked!

Mrs4444 said...

I don't blame him; that's ridiculous. Some people are so stupid, seriously.

Small Town Mommy said...

I can understand his feelings but it might have been helpful to take a step back and calm down before writing the email.