It's time for RaNDoM TueSDaY FUN!
Head on over and link up with Keely at The Unmom
and spread your Tuesday cheer.
* Today is Gram's funeral. She was 91 and lived a full and wonderful life. She has been waiting patiently to join Pops for several years. I'm happy for her. I'm sad for us - her family and friends- who will definitely miss her!
* The boys have finals this week. It's a bad week for a funeral. But let's be honest. There is no such thing as a good week for a funeral. We spent our dinner last night discussing the logistics of getting people to the viewing, the funeral, review sessions, the actual burial, meeting with teachers, family dinner back at the church, etc. I won't bore you with the ridiculous machinations of the day. But let's just say that the boys will be missing out on the "funeral" potatoes. Bummer.
* Do you not know what funeral potatoes are? They ROCK!
It's that hashbrown casserole with cream of mushroom soup, melted butter, sour cream and cheese baked with bread crumbs or smashed up corn flakes on top. They have about a gazillion calories. They are served with ham............at funerals. Or at our house, they are served about once a month for no reason at all.
* Why is our school district stupid? Why do the kids get out for Christmas break for 2 weeks, come back for ONE week of classes and then a week of finals? Do they REALLY think that anyone is studying over the break. Not even Parker cracked a book over break. I mean, we all KNEW Garrett would leave his backpack in the car for the entire two weeks, but Parker? THAT's just proof that finals after break is a bad idea.
* Guess what I'm eating for breakfast? Yep, a maple cake donut.
* Oh and did you know that each policeman gets $175 to lead/direct a funeral procession from a church to a cemetery? And there has to be a minimum of 3 policeman.
* The ever irreverent boys were sorry that Gram isn't being buried in the cemetery right next to (and I mean in the parking lot of) Chick-Fil-A. They thought the service could be held at Chick-Fil-A. Small children could hang out in the playland. Then we could walk across the parking lot to the cemetery or watch through the Chick-Fil-A windows and then have the family dinner right there........conveniently at Chick-Fil-A. Who said they weren't brilliant? That ended the "family meeting."
* Happy Tuesday!