Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to RUIN Yor Child's Life

I have failed as a mother!
I destroyed all of Garrett's dreams that he didn't even know he had .
I have squashed Garrett's fantasies of being rich and famous in Hollywood.
I don't even know why I told on myself.
He was mad for about 3 seconds when I told him that I turned down the opportunity of a lifetime FOR him.


The modeling agent called the other day and told me that a famous children's television station was starting a new television show and they were interested in "seeing" Garrett for a part.


The agent even sent me the outline of the show - it's like Glee for children.
And to think I pooh poohed Glee just a few weeks ago.
Anyway, it listed the name of the show, the premise and all of the main characters.


The sow is about 5 teenagers who meet in detention (like Breakfast Club?) and form a garage band.
The part that they wanted to talk to Garrett about was a 16 year old popular jock who also plays a guitar or violin or something - see I already forgot.
Garrett was aghast that I would let such an opportunity slip through his my hands.
Pffftttttt.


Then he came to his senses and remembered that he leaves for college in 5 weeks.  FIVE WEEKS!
And he plans to go on a mission in Decemberish.
So unless this famous children's television station wanted Garrett to be the big stud of their series and kill him off for Christmas...........it just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Okay that and the fact that he didn't have the part locked up anyway.
An interview does not give you the part.


But it's cool.  I'll take the blame.
So much for fame and fortune.


Wait!  Holy Cow!  I just googled key words - the only key words I could remember and lo and behold, the agent wasn't lying.  I did hear him correctly and read the email right.  The famous children's television station is "planning on  ' - - - - - - - - " being the next High School Musical franchise."
Oops!

6 comments:

valerie said...

You really blew it this time Gina. Garrett could have been the next Zach Efron and earned billions and billions and kept you in supply of cupcakes and butter for the rest of your life. It's a shame really. ;)

Unknown said...

Look at it this way, at least you know you gave him something to talk to his therapist about. It's our jobs as parents, really, to keep the therapists in business by screwing up our kids' lives.

H.K. said...

You mean I had the chance to brag about me knowing (albeit via a blog) a star! Oh, well college & being a missionary is much more important. Besides these days they often hire 20 something year olds to play teenagers so there's still a chance for Garrett to be a star when he comes back.

Mama Badger said...

Well, now you're in for years of therapy. "I could have been".

Melissa said...

Julianna totally could have been a child star, but I decided I didn't want to ruin her. Seriously, what child star do you know that has turned out well?

StephieMae said...

He would've hated it anyways...he's a salesman through and through which is why a mission is still calling his sweet name.