Saturday, May 29, 2010

TWO DOWN. ONE TO GO.

If you know me, I'm not very sentimental.
I don't scrapbook.  I don't take a lot of pictures.  If my house burned down, I'd walk.  No - I wouldn't run to save Aunt Tilly's quilt or the baby books - didn't quite complete those and Hello!  I lived life.  I don't need books about it.


So it was with some reluctance,
I dragged myself to Garrett's graduation.
Afterall, I went to one already.
And it's HIGH SCHOOL.
What kind of person DOESN'T graduated from high school.
Do we really need to celebrate this?


But then again,
I am kind of sentimental.
I cry when I hear random songs on the radio that remind me of Trammell in high school, or Garrett as a four year old or Parker as a toddler.
I cry when choirs sing - and my kids aren't even in the choir.


So I did what I always do
and built a shrine to Garrett.
And we all put on our dresses and heels and shirts and ties and went to graduation!


A good time was had by all!
Congrats Garrett!
Garrett is awesome!
He rocks.
He makes me laugh.
He makes me cry.
He makes me want to throw my arms around him and hug him.
He makes me want to wrap my hands around his neck and squeeze.
He always entertains me with his humor.
He always surprises me with his depth and his strong convictions.
He stands tall as a leader.
He's not afraid to do his own thing.
He's creative.
He's an inventor.
He has a wide range of talents from classical violin to hip hop violin and dance to snowboarding, lacrosse and golf.
Garrett is his own man.




Congrats Garrett!
High School Graduation IS a big thing.
It's a stepping stone on your path.
May you make your next step with confidence and continue the fabulous journey of your life.
I love you!

5 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I think you're probably more creative and sentimental than you give yourself credit for! And so glad you dragged your self to that beautiful boys graduation! It is a milestone and he was glad you helped make it special!

Missty said...

Congrats to Garrett!! Whoo Hoo, two down and one to go!!

valerie said...

Congrat's Garrett! I agree with Beth, I think you are VERY creative!

Unknown said...

Ahh, Congratulations! On to the college years ;)

Don and Kelley said...

Congrats to Garrett!