Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Mayhem - All About Mom

Mother's Day as awesome!
Mother's day was great!
What's not great about getting to talk to Trammell in Cambodia, spending time with your family, your mom, your MIL and GREAT FOOD?


Since I didn't do a special tribute to my mom or moms in general,
I'm playing along with Monday Mayhem.
Join Us for Monday Mayhem
Go on over and check it out!

Each week, there is a prompt
and this week is............

ALL ABOUT MY MOM
1. How old is your Mom? If she has passed away, how old would she be?


Oh my mom is going to LOVE this!
Her birthday is Friday - this Friday.
She is turning 68.
Doesn't she look much younger?
2. What is/was your Moms worst  best habit?


My mom LOVES people - all kinds of people.
She is friends with everyone.
She loves everyone.
I don't understand this because I don't really like people. ;)
If you take her with you to run errands, she will come home with five new friends!
She makes friends with the people in line at the grocery store, waiting in the doctor's office or with all the parents watching a lacrosse game.




3. What famous person does/did your Mom resemble (a picture of that famous person would be nice)?


Easy!
She looks like her mom.  Isn't she pretty?
And her mom was in the movies.  B movies.  But movies nonetheless. 






4. What would be one meal that you would love for your Mom to cook for you right now?


My mom is a great cook.
I love it when she cooks.
Don't ask for her recipes though - she's one of those cooks who throws in whatever sounds good.
It works!  Her meals are delicious.


5. Was your Mom a Stay at Home Mom or did she have to go to a work/job (and yes, Mayhem understands and knows that being a Stay at Home Mom is work/job) when you were growing up?


She was a Stay at Home Mom - kind of. ;)
She didn't have a "paying" job but she was the queen of volunteering.
She was Releif Society President.
She volunteered at LDS Family Services.
She was very active in PTO and was PTO president.
She was president of the swim team.
Luckily - not all of these at once.


6. Did you ever make your mom cry? if so, explain.


Oh I'm sure I did.
But then again, how could I?
I was near perfect.
Now my brothers? They made her cry ALL the time.
Okay, maybe not cry, but throw things - yeah.


7. Have you ever told a lie to your Mom to protect yourself or someone else? If yes, have you come clean and told your Mom the truth?


I'm sure I have, but I can't remember anything specific.
But I never lied to get out of trouble because...........see above.


8. What is the one thing that you most admire about your Mom?


I think it's extremely cool/admirable that my mom is going on a mission with my dad to Rome. It wouldn't be easy to leave your family and friends behind (some of whom she insists will be "gone" when she gets back - I think she means dead) for two years.  It would be diificult to leave behind the comforts of your home and go to a new country where the language, culture and customs are foreign.


Ever since they received their mission call in December, she has been spending hours and hours each week studying Italian.  She'll be great because once again, she loves people and she's up for an adventure.
I think she's brave!


9. In 10 words or less, describe your Mom.
Cool
Zany
Accepting
Loving
Nuts
Outgoing
Loves to learn
Spiritual
Advocate


There you have it - All About My Mom!
Sometime, I'll have to share some more stories about her - because we have A LOT!

4 comments:

valerie said...

Your mom sounds wonderful. In fact, you sound just like her! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

I am Harriet said...

Yeah- happy birthday mom!
That is so cool that she was a (b) movie star.

Thanks for playing.
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/youve-been-banned-ive-traced-your-ip/

Lifeisapitch said...

Great post....now that's what I should have done on mine yesterday when I couldn't think of anything to write...

And to answer your questions- Mel is staying in Virginia and going to summer school, she will get 12 units (14 if they count institute) in just 2 months....if that helps her to graduate faster, it will save us THOUSANDS of dollars. She will come home for the month of July, then go back early in August for soccer pre season training.

H.K. said...

Oh, I loved reading about your mom! It was a wonderful tribute to your mom!