It's my favorite day.
I get to gather all the dust bunnies in the corners of my mind and sweep them right on out.
Get on over to Keely's and link up!
* It's a busy summer! There's no sitting around going on around here!
Day 2 of Mulch Bros includes picking up their first paycheck, bidding on two new projects and canvassing a neighborhood with flyers. (see yesterday's post - if you've missed out of the brilliant business the Boneheads started.)
* Yesterday, we celebrated the first day of Mulch Bros by going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. If those boys made so much money,why did Brian and I have to pay?
* Tiny Baby is also in the middle of working on his Eagle Scout project!!!
He is collecting used prescription and used and new reading glasses to take to Cambodia for orphans and the needy, which evidently, is the entire country!
He is working with an NGO in Phnom Penh and he will deliver the glasses to an orphanage and another community center to be distributed.
He will also collect cash donations and use them to buy new reading glasses.
We could buy them here and get 3 pairs for $7 or he can buy them there for less than $1 a pair.
* Just an FYI - Tiny Baby is now 5'3" and outweighs me!
* Oh and I'm starting a countdown. I haven't been counting down until now but I can't help it!
We leave for Cambodia in 1 - ONE MONTH!!!!
It's not that I'm excited to go to a third world country and tromp trough the mud during monsoon season.
I want to go pick up this boy!!!!
* Who feels sorry for Joran van der Sloot?
"I don't want to be imprisoned in Peru," he told police, according to a local newspaper. "I am afraid I will be killed."
Van der Sloot, 22, is currently being held in isolation in the high-security Miguel Castro Castro prison in the San Juan de Lurigancho district of Lima while he awaits trial – and officials say he has requested security measures to guarantee his safety there, fearing other prisoners will take justice into their own hands.
"Convicts inside have committed serious crimes," criminal attorney Luis Lamas Puccio, who is not connected to the case, tells PEOPLE in Peru. "There is too much promiscuity, overcrowding and poor health conditions. I know Joran is isolated . . . This way he'll be safe not only from rape but also from being killed."
I don't even feel remotely sad that Jouren Van Der Sloot is in a BIG BAD Peruvian prison.
Hot tip: Don't want to go to prison? Don't kill people.
*Are you tired of hearing about the oil spill? It's sad, it's devastating to the coast, the wildlife and to the poor people who rely on the Gulf for their livelihood but I'm tired of the pretend guesstimates of how much oil is leaking, the lame attempts to siphon, top hat it ann fill the hole with golf balls and hair balls. Who wants to sit around all day and watch the underwater video?
Besides, Obama has promised that it will take time, but the gulf coast will be fixed, it will be improved, and it will be better.......like a phoenix rising from he ashes.......or New Orleans..either one.
* And speaking of going nowhere -
My parents were supposed to leave for their mission to Rome on Sunday morning.
Brian and I were supposed to go to their house at 5 pm on Friday to pick up important papers and get instructions on caring for their house while they are gone.
My mom called at 3:30 and said, "Don't come. We're not going."
Me: "Well, let's still go to dinner!"
Their visas haven't come through yet and it looks like it could be a couple of months.
* The Boneheads just walked in and need to be REdirected - just like two-year-olds - before they start messing up the house, eating everything in sight, or disappear into the basement for an eternity of video gaming.